Wednesday, December 17, 2008

End of the Road.

I am writing this blog entry from the Tao Yuan International Airport. My flight leaves in an hour so I have some time to kill before it's time to leave Taiwan. My flight lands in Tokyo first for two hours, and then it's off to America.

Yesterday was a fun final day in Taiwan. I woke up early to get some last minute shopping done; Giordano was having a 50% off sale on all their pants, so I bought a pair of grey pants. Afterwards it was KTV with all the EAPers and our teachers. It was fun to hang out with the teachers in a non-school format but the microphones quickly got taken over by the more advanced students, leaving us non-advanced students sitting on the side not really knowing any of the songs being sung. I left early.

That night was the final EAP dinner at the Taipei Sheraton Hotel. It was all you can eat buffet and it was pretty good, but the selection wasn't huge. The best part of the dinner for sure was the dessert buffet, what with fondue, crepes, etc. etc. Everyone came out for the final dinner and it was where the majority of us said our farewells. We spent a really long time trying to get people together and taking random pictures in different permutations. I would upload them all for you right now to see but Jenn stole my jump drive, so I won't be able to upload them until I get home.

Afterwards, Cris, Tsay, Gladys, Jenn, Tiff, Laura and I played Uno and chatted until the break of dawn. It's currently 10:15AM and I have only gotten about half an hour of sleep. This is my effort to get back on sleep schedule as I will be arriving in LAX at 11AM, effectively arriving the same date and time as I leave Taiwan.

I will probably be blogging more about my experiences in Taiwan after I get back to Los Angeles but in case I don't, I have to say this about my experience in Taiwan: If you're thinking about travelling abroad, do it. If you want to learn Chinese, please give Taiwan a thought. Tai Da is an amazing university to study Chinese at, and the people here are great. The worst part about this program, for me, is leaving.

Zai jian.

-Justin

No comments: